Ep 13. Selling $15m by Age 23 with Dan Fleyshman (the Youngest Person to Ever Take a Company Public)
Dan Fleyshman is the youngest founder to ever take a company public. By the age of 23, Dan was selling over $15 million worth of clothing in 6 department stores and had landed a $9.5 million licensing deal for “Who’s your Daddy?” outside the U.S. He then went on to launch the “Who’s Your Daddy?” energy drink in over 55,000 stores & military bases. Dan went on to launch Victory Poker in 2010, which quickly became the 3rd largest team of professional players out of 550 in the market.
- Sometimes you have to go the extra mile to get the deal done. Do your best to remove all risks for the other side and get to a “yes”.
- One of the most important things you can do starting out is have confidence, people buy into confidence.
- You are going to have failures. When those failures happen, life moves really slow if you sit on the ground crying. If you keep busy and immediately focus on the next thing and taking action, time will fly and you will be back on top in no time.
- Always have multiple streams of income just in case. Cash is fuel when it comes to a company. One of the #1 reason companies fail is they run out of money. Sometimes having one additional stream of income to keep you afloat could be the difference.
- If you are looking to establish new streams of cash, embed yourself in the internet. Get on every social media platform and create a profile that has the same consistent look across all platforms. You never know how people will reach you and this is a free way for them to reach you.
Follow Dan on Social Media
- Leave me a review (click here for directions)
- Download my 5 Steps to Finding AMAZING Mentors
- Share the link for this podcast on Facebook and/or Twitter and tag me @geoffwoods. Link is: http://bit.ly/1EC68Ep