Steven Essa has a built a fortune helping others create killer webinars. I had the opportunity to chat with Steven about starting a webinar from scratch, and he was kind enough to break things down for me step-by-step!
A snippet from Steven’s website:
When my parents arrived in Australia in the 1970’s, they were poor, uneducated and spoke no English. However, like many post-WW2 immigrants, they were hard workers – with a commitment to making a better life for my sister and I, in this strange, new country. While there was never enough money for luxuries, Mum and Dad had a strong religious faith, family values and a work ethic that gave us the solid foundations upon which to build our lives… even though we didn’t realize it at the time.
CREATING A WEBINAR FROM SCRATCH
- INTRODUCTION – 10 minutes
- Killer marketing hook that will get people interested (be as specific as you can)
- Next few slides – This webinar is for you if you are going through:
- Pain #1
- Pain #2
- Pain #3
- Tell your story, and make it relatable back to your audience (this needs to be short and sweet)
- Incorporate lots of proof (case studies, statistics, you can be your own proof)
- CONTENT SECTION – 40 minutes (most important part)
- Break teaching up into 3-5 steps (8-10 minutes per step)
- You don’t want to go into too much detail because they are on the webinar to see if they are interested
- Leave the “how to” to your course/services, but be sure to leave them with a few nuggets
- Give amazing content all the way through
- By now, people have already made up their minds if they will buy from you by now
- IRRESISTIBLE OFFER – Give them something they cannot resist and expect about a 10% conversion
- If you are converting more than 10%, you probably need to increase your price
- If you are below 10%
- You likely have a disconnect between what you are selling and what you covered in the presentation.
- The offer is just not irresistible enough.
- You didn’t do a good job of highlighting the benefits
- Sell a webinar series at $297 (8 additional webinars)
- $297 is a great starting test price
- Of the people who enroll in your initial product/service, roughly 10% will buy your next level program. For those that aren’t taking action, you can reach out to them and ask personally how you can help them
- Then create a “done for your product”
- Be calling them every week to help them achieve success and get testimonials
- When starting out, throw in six free Skype sessions so you can do your market research.
- Ask them “why did you buy?”
- Get a chance to help them
- Make it limited and time sensitive (need to hold to it)
- Offer a guarantee – it removes all obstacles (full 30 day money back guarantee)
- Do one webinar per week, with a goal to get 10 people to the webinar
- Once you do this 2-3 times, you will really get the hang of the process
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday @ 12pm and 8pm work great
- Your own list, or JV (50/50 split)
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/mentee/Episode20049209-13-15.mp3″ title=”THIS HAS MADE OTHERS MILLIONS, AND I’M GOING TO TRY IT! WITH STEVEN ESSA” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to the Mentee podcast on iTunes and leave me a review for the show!
Audio Editing, Show Notes & Action Guides by Podcast Masters