S3E18: The Nuances, Richess and Life Lessons of Mentorship – with Michael Wood
Creating a real relationship with a mentor is a skill set and mind set.
In this episode we cover:
* Adopting a serving first mindset will help mentors see you as a part of their success formula
* It’s not who you know, it’s how you’re thought of by people who matter * What can you do to help someone with a specific problem that they have
* Why it’s important to be open, vulnerable and honest with a mentor. 10ish
* With the right mentor you’ll never ask, “Why is this person in my life.”
* Being a great mentee means having emotional intelligence and not making the relationship mechanical
* Mentees and mentors enjoy each others company
* Set ego aside, and let your mentor give you insights
* What mentors and mentee’s are willing to do
* Mentors are more about nuances and intuition, rather than learning new skills and tactics.
* Why you may want to consider becoming a mentor – regardless how experienced you are
* The value that mentors get out of the relationship
* The one question you can ask yourself to become a better value-provider.
Michael Wood’s Contact Info
Links & Tools From This Episode
Join The Inner Circle
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the Mentee Podcast on iTunes and leave us a 5 star review for the show. This is the easiest way you can help us make an impact on more people.
* Free Resources at http://menteepodcast.com/resources/