In this episode you’ll learn:
- The worst question to ask others, particular if you’re newly acquainted – and what you can ask instead.
- Why you need to be the “Sherlock Holmes of discourse”.
- Why you shouldn’t necessarily help everyone.
- What is a connector, why you need to learn how to be one, and connector skills you can cultivate.
- Why you need stop using hacks and tips, rather BE the type of person who LIVES the lifestyle and mindset of a connector and relationship builder.
- Scott’s curveball to my question: “How do you introduce yourself to someone you want to impress?”
- How to get in touch with anyone.
- Why relationships are the long game.
- The biggest truth that Scott’s mentor taught him.
- How to make an ask the right way, and one interesting trick to make sure you get it right (and ask the right person).
- Why you need to think about relationships in a long term way.
BONUS: Scott’s answer to my bucket-list question, “How can I meet Tom Hanks?”
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/mentee/S3E7_-_Scott_Gerber.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Links & Tools From This Episode
Join The Inner Circle
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the Mentee Podcast on iTunes and leave us a 5 star review for the show. This is the easiest way you can help us make an impact on more people.
* Free Resources at http://menteepodcast.com/resources/